What are the Terminologies of Health Insurance Plans

It is very important that you understand the terminology that is used to describe your benefit before you opt for health insurance plans. This will allow you to consider and pick a health insurance plan that fits your needs. Here are some common terms that you will run across and their basic definitions.

1) Deductible

This is the amount of money you are required to pay out of pocket before the insurance company will begin to pay the medical bills. This is similar to the deductible, you have to pay before your insurance provider will pay out the benefits of your health insurance policy. You can consult a provider to select the best family health insurance plan.

Image Source: Google

2) Coinsurance

Coinsurance is the percentage you have to pay out of pocket for your medical care. The most common split seen on health insurance plans is an 80/20 split where the insurance company pays 80% of the medical bill and you pay the other 20%.

3) Out of pocket expenses

Most health insurance plans will have a yearly cap on the amount of money you have to pay out of pocket for your medical care. Once you have hit this maximum amount then your insurance company will begin paying your medical bills at 100%.

Consult with a qualified agent in order to have a better understanding of exactly how the differences affect your situation because all of these amounts can vary greatly.