When you're packing for a move, it's important to take into account the size and layout of your new home. Divide your belongings into manageable categories according to where they'll go in your new home.
For example, put all your clothing in one box, all your books in another box, and so on. Label each box with its corresponding category so you can easily find it later on during the move. You can also search online o hire the best moving company via https://simplemoves.ca/.
Image Source: Google
Here are some packing strategies for a new home:
1. Start by taking inventory of your belongings. This will help you determine what needs to be packed and where. You may also want to create packing lists based on what you've determined.
2. Make a packing list of the items you'll need for your move, including boxes, tape, bubble wrap, and boxes for fragile items. Make sure to include all the needed supplies for moving your furniture, electronics, and other large items.
3. Drape furniture Roll-A-Board or sheets over furniture to protect it from scratches or dents while it's being moved. Securely tie down any large pieces of furniture with rope or straps.
Important Tips for a Successful Move
1. Talk to your neighbors and friends. They may be able to give you a few pointers about local movers and storage facilities.
2. Make a timeline of your move. This will help you organize everything and avoid any last-minute panic.
3. Get organized. Divide your belongings into categories (clothes, furniture, kitchen appliances, etc.) and list them on packing lists. This will help you pack more efficiently and avoid any damage in the process.
4. Don't overload yourself or your possessions. It's better to pack lightly and take only what you need.
5. De-clutter before you move. This will make the process much easier and save you time in unpacking once you get where you're going.